Monday, December 10, 2012

Winter is here! China Glaze - Frostbite

Good evening everyone,

this past weekend we had the first bit of snow for this winter. I am not a huge fan of snow, because usually traffic breaks down quickly here and having to go to work in this weather is super annoying. But snow also means it is the perfect time to pull out China Glaze's Frostbite. This gorgeous shade of blue has been on my wishlist for a long time. When I went to NYC back in April, I finally found it at Ulta and had to carry it home with me. It is one of my favorite blues, so bright and glowing. But see for yourself:

Isn't this an awesome "in your face" blue? It is definitely no polish for the color-shy, but it is worth trying. It seems to glow from within with all the shimmer particles in the base color. Sadly, the formulation of Frostbite isn't the best. It was thin and watery, so I had to do three coats to get it even and opaque. I also had to paint it on carefully to prevent flooding of my cuticles. But the final result paid off for those minor troubles with application.

Since Winter has finally arrived and Christmas is just around the corner, expect some more winter-y or Holiday themed manicure on My Polish Stash :)

Thanks for reading, happy Monday.
<3 Sabine