Friday, May 04, 2012

Springtime favorite: Catrice - Sold Out Forever

Happy Friday!

Today I have for you one of my favorite nail colors for Spring! It is Catrice Sold Out Forever, which is a mint green with a decent green shimmer. It got quite popular among nail polish fans because this one is a great dupe for the high-end polish Chanel Jade. Let's have a look.


Doesn't this nice minty green scream Spring? I apologize for my red lobster hands.... The polish did not make my hands look red like this but in order to get the color of the polish right I had to adjust settings on my camera and thus my skin looks red. Yikes... But the nail polish is the more important thing here, right?! ;)
This is three coats of Catrice Sold Out Forever finished with topcoat. The first two coats were a bit patchy so I needed a third one to even everything out. Apart from that Sold Out Forever was easy to work with. I do not have Chanel Jade to compare those two but from swatches I have seen they're close enough for me to own only this inexpensive (2,49€ per bottle) dupe. 
Sold Out Forever has been part of Catrices standard nail polish range until early 2011 I believe and sadly it got discontinued then. In 2012 they added a new version of Sold Out Forever to their assortment but this does have nothing to do with the former polish. The color now is a weird veeery pale pastel turquoise, looks almost white and I do not like it. I really don't know why they confuse people by giving a new, completely different color the same name. I mean it can't be that hard to come up with a new name, right!?

What is your favorite nail color for Spring?

Thanks for reading and have a great weekend.
<3 Sabine