Slideshow Widget

A Blinding NOTD: I'm Feeling Nailventurous - Floam

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Happy Father's Day *!


* EDIT: I seem to have confused a few of you. May 17th 2012 is Father's Day here in Germany. So if you're residing in the US you have NOT forgotten about your Dads ;)

Today I have another Nail Of The Day for you. It is the one and only Floam by (I'm Feeling) Nailventurous and you have probably heard of it before because so many nail polish enthusiats are trying to get their hands on it lately. This time the "hype" is well deserved because it really is an awesome and unique polish. I haven't seen anything like this before and it made my eyeballs pop the first time I saw swatches of it. So it has been on my wishlist for a long time because it was sold out most of the time and whenever it was back in stock I missed it. During the last round of re-stocking at NinjaPolish I was lucky enough to get a bottle. When it arrived yesterday I needed to put it on ASAP and I la-la-love it sooo much! I will show you why ;)



Blinding, huh?! ;) Floam consists of a clear base that is stuffed with matte neon glitter in yellow, green and blue. You can get it opaque on its own with three coats but to save some of this precious polish I layered two coats over China Glaze Kiwi Cool-Ada, the neon green from the 2010 Poolside collection. Neon colors like this freak out my camera every time and surely this combination is not for the color-shy. A colleague today told me my nails looked like a highlighter pen. And yes, they do and I love it :) It is so bright and fun and I just cannot stop staring at it!

Application of Floam was a bit tricky but manageable. The base is thick and so is the brush. I used only a light touch for application to not drag the glitter all the way to the tip. For such a thick polish it dried quickly and the finish wasn't too structured. Yet I used two coats of INM Out The Door to even everything out.

In case you're wondering why it is called Floam, have a look at this.

Image source
I remember some of my friends and classmates had it when I was a kid and it is still available nowadays (see here). I still prefer the nail polish version of Floam though :)
If you want your bottle of this adorable creation now check NinjaPolish.com. 15ml cost $9 and they ship internationally. It is not in stock at the moment but you can sign up for e-mail notifications.

I hope you enjoyed this nail polish just as much as I do! And now your eyes can relax again. Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!

<3 Sabine

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...