Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Butter London HRH - even the Queen would like this polish

Good evening everyone!

In my last post I showed you my manicure for New Year's Eve where I layered Chunky Holo Bluebell over HRH. Some of you wanted to see this polish worn solo and as your wish is my command, I am happily showing you this beauty today!

Butter London HRH - which stands for Her Royal Highness - is a beautiful royal purple nail polish with red-purple shimmer. 


For this manicure I used three thin coats to obtain full coverage. It went on smoothly just like other Butter London polishes I've tried before. When I first saw this in the bottle it reminded me of Essie's Sexy Divide but when I compared them at home HRH was a lighter shade of purple. You can have a look at Sexy Divide here.

 
This shimmery purple may not be the most unique shade but it's a perfect royal purple for me. I love most purple shades in general and I love how they flatter my skintone.


I bought quite a number of Butter London polishes lately and it's a shame that they're rather pricey but so far I found every single BL polish I have tried is worth the money. In Germany it's sold by Douglas perfumeries where they retail for 16,95€ each. In the US Butter London is sold by ULTA and is available at their website http://www.butterlondon.com/ for $14,95. I got mine from TheBeautyBooth, a UK-based e-tailer that sells them for £12 each.

I hoe you enjoyed this polish just as much as I did :)
- Sabine